The information below is subject to confirmation for 2024.
Spectators are very welcome at the Connemarathon. One recommendation is that spectators walk the two miles to the top of the ‘hell of the west’ where support is most welcome by the weary participants! Bring plenty of clothing, because, believe it or not, the weather can turn nasty in this beautiful place. There will be a selection of food stalls and vendors at the finish area so tea, coffee and cold drinks are never too far away.
Spectator buses must be booked in advance. All spectator tickets include the return journey from either Galway, Oughterard or Clifden to Maam Cross (the finish area).
Depart Galway: 11:15am & 12:15pm
Depart Oughterard: 11:45am
Depart Clifden: 12:00pm
– Spectator buses bring spectators to the finish area at Maam Cross only.
– Road closures will be in place during the race and spectators are not allowed at any of the race starts.
– Peacockes Hotel is currently a centre for Ukrainian citizens and is not available for the race.
– Please arrive 15 minutes early to secure your seat.
– The cost for the return journey is €20 per adult and €15 per child.
– Spectators may use the same coach as participants on the return journey.
– Buses will return from Maam Cross (finish area) to Oughterard, Clifden and Galway City throughout the afternoon after the race.
Book Your Tickets Online
Tickets will be available here closer to the race weekend.
Bus Pick Up Locations
BUSES FROM GALWAY
Buses depart from the Cathedral car park in Galway City.
BUSES FROM OUGHTERARD
Buses depart from near the GAA pitches. Please use the public car park.
BUSES FROM CLIFDEN
Buses depart opposite the Station House Hotel in Clifden.