Spectators are very welcome at the Connemarathon. One recommendation is that spectators walk the two miles to the top of the ‘hell of the west’ where support is most welcome by the weary runners and walkers! Bring plenty of clothing, because, believe it or not, the weather can turn nasty in this beautiful place. There will be a selection of food stalls and vendors at the finish area so tea, coffee and cold drinks are never too far away.
Note: Road closures will be in place during the race and spectators are not allowed at any of the race starts.
Spectator buses must be booked in advance and bring spectators to the finish area only. All spectator tickets include the return journey from either Galway, Oughterard or Clifden to Maam Cross (the finish area).
– The park & ride facility departs Galway Cathedral at 11am, Oughterard at 11:20am and Clifden Station House Hotel at 11am.
– Please arrive 15 minutes early to secure your seat.
– The cost for the return journey is €10 per adult and €5 per child.
– Spectators may use the same coach as participants on the return journey.
– Buses will go from Maam Cross (finish area) to Oughterard, Clifden and Galway City throughout the afternoon after the race.
Book Your Tickets Online
Spectator bus tickets will be available closer to the race weekend.