Spectators are very welcome at the Connemarathon. One recommendation is that spectators walk the two miles to the top of the ‘hell of the west’ where support is most welcome by the weary runners and walkers… and runners who end up being walkers! Bring plenty of clothing, because, believe it or not, the weather can turn nasty in this beautiful place. There will be a selection of food stalls and vendors at the finish area so tea, coffee and cold drinks are never too far away.
Note: Road closures will be in place during the race.
Spectator buses must be booked in advance. All spectator tickets include the return journey from either Galway, Oughterard or Clifden to Maam Cross (the finish area).
– The park & ride facility departs Galway Cathedral at 11am, Oughterard at 11:20am and Clifden Station House Hotel at 11am.
– Please arrive 15 minutes early to secure your seat.
– The cost for the return journey is €10 per adult and €5 per child.
– Spectators may use the same coach as participants on the return journey.
– Buses will go from Maam Cross (finish area) to Oughterard, Clifden and Galway City throughout the afternoon after the race.
Book Your Tickets at Race Number Collection
Spectator bus tickets can be purchased at Race Number Collection at the following times and locations:
– Galway Shopping Centre
Friday April 21st 5-8pm
Saturday April 22nd 10am-4pm
– Clifden Station House Hotel
Saturday April 22nd 7-9pm
Book Your Tickets Online
Send your payment by clicking here: www.paypal.me/dolmensports/. Tickets are €10 for each adult and €5 for each child.
Please include the info below when you have the option to “Add a Note”:
1. Your name.
2. Number of adult and child tickets required.
3. Your point of departure (Galway, Clifden or Oughterard).
4. Your email address where we will send your tickets (please check twice!).
– Seats may also be available with Citylink who run a return service to Maam Cross from Galway City. See www.citylink.ie for further details.