We get some regular questions every year, but if you can’t find the answer you are looking for on this page or elsewhere on our website please contact us at email@example.com. We’ll be adding more information as the clock ticks down but for now…
Full Walkers: 9.30am
Full Runners: 10.30am
Half Walkers: 11.00am
Half Runners: 12 Noon
Put simply, if you have to ask, then you’re a runner. If it it takes you ANY less than 3 hours to complete the half marathon course – you are NOT a walker. The walkers section is ONLY for people who will walk the whole distance. If you do any jogging, skipping or powerwalking at all, you should start with the runners group. Anyone who starts with the walkers who runs for any distance will be taken off the course.
Yes. Marathon Walkers start at 9.30am and Half Marathon Walkers start at 11.00am. Please ensure you use the first buses to get to the start on time. We are not responsible if you miss your start.
– bus transfer from Galway, Oughterard and Clifden directly to race start.
– the race, including all the usual race support along the route.
– lots and lots and lots of 250ml sports cap bottles of water every 3 miles approx.
– toilets at the start, finish and every 3 miles.
– medical personnel, race doctor, ambulances and a medic motorbike.
– the elation of finishing one of the world’s truly magical marathon experiences.
– your finisher’s medal.
– your finisher’s tee shirt.
– lots of fruit and yet more water at the finish.
– post race refreshments in Peacockes Hotel.
– buses back to Clifden, Oughterard and Galway.